- Have you got any spare time and are you wondering what to do?
- Do you enjoy meeting new people?
- Have you considered volunteering at St John’s Hospice?
We currently have a vacancy for a Volunteer Driver and a Day Therapy Unit Volunteer.
Find out more about these roles here (opens in new window)
To apply for the roles please visit:
Volunteer Driver (opens in new window)
Day Therapy Unit Volunteer (opens in new window)
People volunteer with us for many reasons. Most often as a way of giving something back to their community, knowing that they have helped patients, their carers and family when they are feeling at their most vulnerable. Volunteering with us gives you:
- A sense of achievement
- Structure to your day
- A challenge and an opportunity for personal development
- An opportunity to learn new skills or to use your lifetime skills
- An opportunity to meet others and to make social contact
Volunteers play an important part in our service delivery, their hard work, dedication and friendliness enhance the patient and family/visitor experience. Our volunteers provide extra support to our patient, families and staff too.
You will be able to share your skills and experience and develop new ones in a health setting.
Volunteering is a flexible role which fits around your existing commitments.