The inpatient unit also has a relative’s/carers kitchen and dining facilities, a relatives room providing overnight accommodation if required and open and honest supportive care from experienced and knowledgeable staff.
The following changes at the hospice have implemented with immediate effect.
For patients admitted for symptom control who may be nearing the last weeks of life are now allowed two visitors in a 24-hour period.
- Appointment slots for entry
- Visitors to be screened and given PPE as per the above
- 2 visitors in a 24-hour period per patient between 10am to 7pm (can be different visitors another day)
- Visiting is subject to change and stop if an outbreak occurs
- Colleagues will encourage other forms of communication e.g WhatsApp, phone, facetime
- Patient and family will be informed about visiting before a referral is made for admission.
No change to the current visiting for patients in the last days of life, which is individualised on a case-by-case basis.
St John’s Information and Support Centre is open between 8.30am and 4.30pm (except bank holidays)
If a health professional has recommended the hospice’s services to you but you are worried about coming, ring us to discuss your concerns and we could arrange a time for you to come and look around
You can find St John’s Hospice near the Rotherham and South Humber Foundation Trust in the Balby area of Doncaster:
- St John’s Hospice
- St John’s Information Service
St John’s Information & Support Centre,
Useful Telephone Numbers
- St Johns Hospice Inpatient unit 01302 796666
- Community Specialist Palliative Care team (previous Macmillan and Hospice at Home) 01302 566666
- Day Hospice 01302 798472
- St John’s Information and Support Centre Reception 01302 796600
- St John’s Information Service 01302 796853
- Fundraising 01302 798391
- Volunteer Services Manager 01302 796662