The following changes at the hospice have been implemented with immediate effect.
Patients admitted for symptom control who may be nearing the last weeks of life are now allowed two visitors in a 24 hour period.
However, if you have been in contact with a COVID-19 positive person please do not visit our hospice or our neighbouring hospital site.
- Appointment slots for entry
- Visitors to be screened and given PPE as per the above
- 2 visitors in a 24 hour period per patient between 10am to 7pm (can be different visitors another day)
- Visiting is subject to change and stop if an outbreak occurs
- Staff to encourage other forms of communication e.g. WhatsApp, phone, Facetime
- Patient and family will be informed about visiting before a referral is made for admission.
No change to the current visiting for patients in the last days of life, which is individualised on a case by case basis.